ClexaCon has partnered with OML to host our very first fanvid contest! If you love making or watching fanvids that feature wlw, queer, lesbian, trans, or non binary characters in tv and movies, then this contest is for you! Your submissions will be evaluated by a panel of judges, who will select 10 fanvids to move to our finals round. The winner of the competition will be determined by the fandom community! The top ten fanvids will be posted online, and fans will get to submit their vote for best fanvid. The fanvid with the most votes wins!
As a bonus, the top ten fanvids will be featured at a live vidshow on Thursday April 16th, as part of official ClexaCon programming. We encourage everyone to come out to support our fanvid community and watch them on the big screen. At the end of the show, the winner will be announced.
We are very excited to see everyone’s submissions! Please see the submission requirements and competition rules below. Submissions open October 1, 2019 and end January 31st, 2020.
Submissions must abide by the following criteria:
- Focuses on wlw, queer, lesbian, trans, or non binary characters
- Falls within YouTube’s community guidelines
- 3-5 minutes in length
- Must be a newly created video that has not been posted online at the time of submission
- Videos must not be available online for public consumption for the duration of the competition.
- Submissions will be evaluated by a panel of judges, who will select the top ten fanvids.
- The top ten fanvids will be hosted on OML’s YouTube channel for viewing and voting during the community voting period. Links will be added to the descriptions that will direct viewers to the vidders’ channels and social media accounts.
- Community voting will commence on March 15th, 2020 and end Wednesday, April 15th 2020, at 5 PM.
- The winner will be announced at the end of the vidshow on Thursday, April 16th
- Once the competition ends after the vidshow, all fan videos can be posted online for public consumption.
Why you should submit
- Get exposure to new audiences! If your fanvid makes the top 10 it will be featured on the OML YouTube channel, which has over 460,000 subscribers. Links to your YouTube channel and social media accounts will be included so that those subscribers can check out your body of work and follow you your chosen platforms
- The Top 10 Finalists will receive a free ticket to ClexaCon 2020 and additional exposure to ClexaCon audiences at the convention and online.
- The live vidshow at ClexaCon 2020 will give audiences the chance to experience your content on the big screen. Additionally, fanvids that did not make the top ten will be featured at ClexaCon’s Vidding lounge, which is a dedicated space for viewing fanvids for the duration of ClexaCon.
The fanvid with the most votes at the end of the community voting period will win the following:
- A Fanvid Trophy and $500 cash
- The opportunity to create & produce your own ‘on camera’ Fan Video Show hosted on OML. You will work side by side with the OML Director of Content Shantell Yasmine Abeydeera (Girls Like Magic) to create 8 x 3 minute episodes which will be promoted as an 8 week “Special Guest Series”. The winner will have the opportunity to film segments at the Los Angeles YouTube Space Studios. Flights & Accommodation are not included.
- Submissions: October 1, 2019 – January15, 2020
- Finalists will be notified in February
- Finalist announcement: March 15, 2020
- Public community voting period: March 15, 2020 – Wednesday, April 15th at 5:00 PM
- ClexaCon/OML Vidshow: Thursday, April 16th, time TBA
- ClexaCon Vidding Lounge, April 16-18, during con hours
Launched in 2009, OML (OneMoreLesbian) is the premiere lesbian video curation and aggregation site. The site was built with the intent to increase lesbian visibility and to make the multitude of incredible lesbian short films, feature films, documentaries, music videos, web series, vlogs, and fan videos accessible to all. Since its inception, OML has worked with many producers, directors and content creators to stream and promote their work. The OML site (www.onemorelesbian.com) now enjoys millions of visitors and its ever-growing YouTube channel (www.youtube.com/onemorelesbian) has surpassed 218,000,000+ views.
Enter the Fanvid Competition!